Re-Opening May 11th
Dear Valued Patient,
We are happy to announce the re-opening of our office will be Monday, May 11th. We will resume in-office patient visits for those patients who are comfortable with in person visits. Virtual consultations will remain available for those who are not yet comfortable with in office consultations, or who are considered high risk. We want to reassure all of our patients that North Charlotte Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery continues to monitor and regularly update our safety guidelines for COVID-19. We have implemented several precautionary measures with the health and well-being of our patients and staff in mind. We sincerely hope that you and your families have remained healthy throughout this pandemic and we look forward to seeing you in our office very soon.
As we re-open our office, please respect the safety and health of other patients, our employees, their families and others by following the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). If you have been, or suspect you have been, exposed to COVID-19, currently have symptoms of fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, or have recently traveled outside of the United States, please contact our office at 704-896-5556 to reschedule any upcoming appointments.
As we re-open our practice, we have implemented the following guidelines and protocals:
- A screening questionnaire will be given to patients prior to each visit to assess any risk. If a patient answers “yes” to any of the risk factors they will be rescheduled
- All staff with direct patient contact (within six feet) will wear masks. Due to shortages and limited supply of PPE across the country, our office is unable to provide masks for patients. However, we do encourage all patients to wear their own masks if possible.
- If you do not have a mask, please call our office (704-896-5556) from the parking lot when you arrive and a staff member will greet you at the door to take you directly to a patient room upon entering the office
- Family members and friends will not be permitted to accompany patients into the office for appointments at this time. If someone drives you to your appointment, they will need to wait in their car. If the patient is a minor, one adult may accompany the minor into the office, but must also wear a mask if possible.
- Common areas such as the waiting area, front desk, restrooms, and door knobs will continue to be disinfected on a frequent basis. Exam rooms will be thoroughly disinfected after each patient visit.
- We will adhere to social distancing recommendations by allowing only two patients in the waiting area at a time to allow for at least 6ft of distancing between each patient
- Hand Sanitizer will be available at the front desk as patients enter the office
We greatly appreciate your understanding, flexibility, and cooperation throughout this trying time. If you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment for any reason, please notify our office at 704-896-5566 at least 48 hours in advance to allow us time to accommodate other patients.
For more information on COVID-19 prevention measures from the CDC, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
Dr. Miles & Staff