Body Contouring in Huntersville
Getting The Look You Love: Body Contouring in Huntersville
You wake up early every morning, religiously hitting the gym before work. You changed your eating habits and are making healthier choices. You made lifestyle changes that forced you to be more active and less sedentary. After all of your hard work, the results are clear and you have lost the weight you wanted. However, even after all of your efforts you find yourself unhappy with your new body due to the excess skin leftover from your transformation.
Excess tissue is a common problem people face after a life changing metamorphosis. Dramatic weight loss often leaves skin with a loss of laxity as your skin struggles to conform to your new shape. Individuals who experience such transformations may seek the assistance of body contouring procedures.
What area does body contouring address?
Body contouring works to address many areas of the body. It is the combined efforts of multiple surgical procedures to give you the new look you desire. Sagging and loose skin can occur in a number of areas including the abdomen area, arms, legs, neck, face, and breasts. Body contouring can address all of these areas.
• Abdominoplasty – This procedure is also known as a tummy tuck and addresses the areas around the abdomen, particularly in the abdominal apron. This area is often one of the first to visibly sag after successful weight loss.
• Brachioplasty – Commonly known as an arm lift, this procedure allows you to address the loose skin around the arms, especially in the upper arms.
• Breast Lift – After loosing large amounts of weight, breasts can sag, requiring a breast lift to bring them to the appropriate height and position on your body.
• Rhytidectomy – This procedure is often called a facelift and can also include a neck lift to address loose skin that may occur after dramatic weight loss.
• Liposuction – Stubborn fat deposits may sit in areas where it’s difficult to remove with normal exercise routines and diet, so liposuction can address these areas.
Am I a good candidate for body contouring?
If you are of good overall health and have maintained your weight for three to six months you may be a good candidate for body contouring. Dr. Erik Miles wants to be sure that your weight has stabilized and you are a good candidate for the procedures that will address your concerns. If your dramatic transformation has been assisted with bariatric surgery, Dr. Miles will work closely with your doctor to determine if you are at a point in your transformation to undergo the body contouring procedures.
How will the body contouring transformation begin?
Your first step will be to schedule an appointment for a consultation. Dr. Miles and the staff at North Charlotte Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery will work together to develop a plan that meets your particular needs. Each patient demonstrates different goals and possesses different needs. Dr. Miles will tailor a surgical plan specifically to meet your areas of concern to provide you with the most optimal results. Surgeries can be scheduled concurrently or may be staged based on the procedure and the individual health of each patient. Dr. Erik Miles and his staff will be there for you every step of the way starting with the consultation, to scheduling your surgery, to guiding you through the recovery process.
If you are interested in body contouring in Huntersville, contact our office today. We will be happy to address your questions as well as schedule your consultation with Dr. Miles. Call our office at (704) 896-5556.